DIY Beard Oil with Essential Oils March 14, 2017 10:23
Is beard oil essential? Apparently so. According to The Huffington Post:
Beard oil moisturizes facial hair and the skin beneath. Beard oil is hydrating to the skin and helps soften and tame beard hair, which means it also does double-duty as a styling agent.
Naturally the skin flakes and these flakes "catch" in a beard. Using beard oil keeps the skin moisturized and also tames fly-away beard hair. Instead of purchasing beard oil you can make it yourself with only a few ingredients.
- 1 Ounce Oil Base (Vitamin E, Jojoba, etc.)
- 2 Drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Orange Essential Oil
- 1 Drop Nutmeg Essential Oil
- You will need either a dropper or spray bottle that’s around 2 ounces in size.
- Combine all ingredients into bottle and shake well.
- The spray bottle was my option because it allows men to spray it onto their beard however, the dropper can be useful as well but the amount used will differ between each man and shouldn’t be more than a dropper full.
- You can other scents if you prefer, just make sure the amount you use is safe and will not burn the skin.