Today’s women don’t always have the time to get away for a luxury treatment at the spa, and if they did, those dollars would really start to add up.
Consider putting together a DIY spa in the comfort of your home; giving yourself royal treatment at your fingertips, all while saving some money in the process.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing soak, a beautifying facial or simply want the works there’s a way to pull it off at home. Whip up some fab products, turn on some mood music and you’re ready to go.
For those living the essential oil lifestyle, you already know that adding these wonderful oils can truly enhance your experience and let you reap some amazing benefits.
I’ve put together some fantastic blends that can be used a variety of ways to enhance your spa experience. Essential oils work naturally to enhance our physical, spiritual and emotional wellness and added to your routine can dramatically improve your well-being.
- 5 drops Rose essential oil
- 4 drops Orange essential oil
- 2oz Sweet Almond carrier oil
Can be applied directly to the skin or added to your favorite beauty products.
Beauty in a Bottle
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
- 3 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops Jasmine essential oil
- 2 drops Orange essential oil
Can be combined with a carrier oil for skin application or with ½ cup sea salt/Epsom salt for a beautifying bath soak.
Note: Do not expose skin to direct sunlight for 24 hours. Plan ahead
- 2 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 2 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops of Grapefruit essential oil or any citrus oil will do (optional, if you prefer a sweet mint scent)
Clarify Clay Mask
- 1 tbsp Bentonite Clay
- 1 tsp Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 drops Patchouli essential oil
- 1 drop Lavender essential oil
Add enough water to make a paste, combine and apply to the face. Let dry for 10-20 minutes (less time is recommended for sensitive skin). Rinse away with warm water. This is a wonderful mask for cleansing pores and drawing out impurities.
Easy Face Cream
- 2 drops Geranium essential oil
- Any face crème of your choice (go with a DIY recipe or purchase a quality product)
This can be applied twice daily and a must for finishing off your clay mask treatment.
Take some precious me time, calm your mind and relax with this wonderful blend designed to bring peace and calm.
- 6 drops Vanilla essential oil
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- 3 drops Orange essential oil
This blend is versatile and can be used for aromatherapy, add some alcohol and distilled water for a room spray, added to baths, shampoos, used in other DIY recipes or as a perfume. This is a wonderful scent that is pleasing to the senses.
With these DIY essential oils spa recipes it's easy and inexpensive to have a spa day at home.